Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: My Grand Duke of Tuscany is in full bloom...., 0 by astcgirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright astcgirl

In reply to: My Grand Duke of Tuscany is in full bloom....

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My Grand Duke of Tuscany is in full bloom....
astcgirl wrote:
Ok the second bulb from the Peruvian Daffodil bloomed with two flowers...I checked, morning, afternoon and night and sadly no fragrance, it's also very humid here...there was a very slight smell, but nothing I would call a fragrance. It has been in bloom for 3 days so far, I tried each day. It could also be due to it being the first flower, but I'll have to wait till next year for the blooms again. Note that these bulbs were from lowes so even though they say on the package they are fragrant.....it's a big box store so I don't have as much faith in them.

My Dwarf Ylang-Ylang Tree (Cananga odorata var. fruticosa) finally got it's first flower but it's green and there is no smell....I was reading the PF and most of the flowers are yellow....hopefully mine will turn yellow soon and get some fragrance. There are a few different opinions out there... I guess I'll have to wait. I have it in my lanai in bright filtered light, maybe it needs more sun? it certainly is a very pretty flower though.