Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: Welcome to my gardens... and messes ;), 0 by MissFabulous

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MissFabulous

In reply to: Welcome to my gardens... and messes ;)

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Welcome to my gardens... and messes ;)
MissFabulous wrote:
Thanks, Lynn. I'm already finding DG to be an invaluable resource, and it already feels like I've been here much longer than a few days. It's also really inspiring to see what everyone else is doing. I'm very grateful to have found you all!

Now here is another one of my messes... this is my mom's "perennial bed" but for the last few years, I've called it the Darwin Garden, since every plant in it is competing for survival against other plants. The weak have long since past, and now, only the survivors remain. I'm finally ready to break up their survival of the fittest party and dig out the winners to get them flourishing elsewhere, and maybe eventually back in this bed. Besides weeds and tough grass and wild grape vines, it also has spiderwort, crocosmia lucifer, globe thistle, peonies in white and magenta, gooseneck, white heliotrope, some kind of yellow flower my mom calls primrose that I have not yet identified, achillea "the pearl," achillea pastel mix, hardy geranium, day lilies, chameleon plant, asiatic lilies I've already pulled, astilbe and something my mom said is called widow's weed or something like that, along with hundreds of daffodils and narcissus in many varieties and a few hyacinth and wood hyacinth, with a really messy land area behind it that went to he!! after we had some dead poplar trees removed and the trucks put ruts in the ground so bad that I can't mow... I'm thinking I'll get a load of dirt and just cover it and build it up since it's too marshy anyway... maybe this year, maybe not. It's been on my list for a while! Geez, what a long list!