Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: Welcome to my gardens... and messes ;), 0 by MissFabulous

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MissFabulous

In reply to: Welcome to my gardens... and messes ;)

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Welcome to my gardens... and messes ;)
MissFabulous wrote:
flowerjen, I might be able to manage some raised beds, but oddly, I think my mom has lost interest in gardening as well. She likes hearing my stories about what I've done, and she talks about how she went thru the Master Gardener program and still likes to look at everything and talk gardening, but I can't seem to get her out there much. At least she enjoys what I'm doing and is helpful (sometimes) in the knowledge department!

Victor, it's definitely a labor of love. This is the first year that I feel well enough physically (chronic pain etc) and had the money for real tools to actually get somewhere. I don't feel as overwhelmed as I did in the last few years and now I'm really excited and inspired. I don't have a DH or anyone but friends to (occasionally) help and a great neighbor I can always count on, but this is the year I think I'm going to make a big impact - I can feel it!

So in this pic you can see one of my messes. It's the brush line that I've started removing. You can see that I have drainage issues. I have some ideas in mind to capture some of this water and channel it to the pond I want to put in my fenced area, so that it's somewhat like a cross between a raingarden and pond. The brush line, while it isn't the fence line, will also turn into flower/berry gardens with walkways through it. I figure anywhere a stump is left will have flowers around and I'll work out my pattern from there!