Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Container Renovations 2! (smile), 0 by KatG

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KatG

In reply to: Container Renovations 2! (smile)

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Container Renovations 2!  (smile)
KatG wrote:
Thank-you so much Oasis for the compliments! Gotta say though, I'm not an expert at container gardening, but I just plant! I'm getting better as I'm finally finding out what grows and what doesn't. If it doesn't work this year...I won't plant it again. I see you're in Pompano Beach and I'm thinking that we probably have a similar climate.

When I moved into this home a year and a half ago...I just embraced Containers on my Lanai! It's the only way in Florida to grow annuals and have color. When something is depleted, I just replace it with something in season. Like you, I love the fact you can move and rearrange things. I just love it! No weeds either! haha.

You've definitely come to the right place, as this site is so incredible when you need to identify a plant, want information on a problem with a specific species or need info on re-potting! Just ask...There are so many knowledgeable people here that are so willing to share their expertise. I just love Dave's Garden and I've had so many people inspire me with their beautiful gardens and creations.

Glad to meet you and I hope you share some photo's of your container garden...

Kat

(I'm about 20 minutes from South Gulf Cove...you know how things have been going with Real Estate lately, but I think that area is recovering faster than Port Charlotte - Lot's of commercial stuff going in around there!)