Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Clematis in time for Derby!, 0 by Soulja

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Soulja

In reply to: Clematis in time for Derby!

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Clematis in time for Derby!
Soulja wrote:
thank you Jeanne. I've been dreaming up this thread for a year and a half.

Since I am so impatient, I made it my mission to search the ins and outskirts of town, as well as the internet for the most mature plants with the heartiest stems. Next year should be a blast and I will try to get on the garden tour which happens in a few Louisville neighborhoods in late spring, early summer. My blurb in the guidebook would describe my garden as half Japanese with a pond feature and half cottage with emphasis on Clematis, Irises and Daylily.

I also have a veggie patch based around an arbor with upside down tomatoes, basil, cucumbers & peppers with grapes growing up the side. Of course it all started with an herb garden made using good ol' fashioned Kentucky Whiskey Barrels reeking of the bourbon we are famous for. I always say, you could get drunk on my basil. That was inspired by a trip to the gardens Stratford-Upon-Avon UK early last March. This bed will end up nearing Fall with no barrels visible at all and hopefully a wall full of Clematis & other vines as it's backdrop.