Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Hen Havens, Poopy Drawers, and other non-essentials, 0 by TamaraFaye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TamaraFaye

In reply to: Hen Havens, Poopy Drawers, and other non-essentials

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hen Havens, Poopy Drawers, and other non-essentials
TamaraFaye wrote:
we started collecting the bed parts year before last. i had one in my garden, and DH got the idea of a fence for raspberries. he is from New England and can't stand not having any!

we would love any kind. we have ONE raspberry plant! room for a ton LOL.

a lot of people around here prefer to recycle instead of dump. so we just put the word out through a few friends, and they keep straggling in. we have parts with arches and all kinds of other parts. some taller pieces and some smaller... it will be fun when we can spend more time on the "berry fence"...

here are the bantams enjoying the pen he built featured on this thread... i guess i could keep all his buildings on this thread...

the raspberry leaves are very good for the goats... years ago DH CLEARED land of thorny berries in Vermont. i know they can really take over up there. here our soil can be so alkaline, plus hard pan, it's not easy to get them started...

i am in the addy exchange, HINT HINT. is this a good time to plant? we are just past our frost date. still have some very cool nights and warm days...

This message was edited May 4, 2008 11:24 AM