Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Anybody have advice for me about Rome?, 0 by sallyg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sallyg

In reply to: Anybody have advice for me about Rome?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Anybody have advice for me about Rome?
sallyg wrote:
trains? yep, I rode one from airport to Termini that first morning, standing with suitcase the whole way looking out the window at the poppies and the little gardens people had crammed in next to the train tracks.
And subways all week in town. Train to Firenze and back, and train back to airport late Wed--I dd not plan well, we went to the Firenze station at 6 but train to ROme was sold out until the 7 30 one that I had to buy first class seat to get on. Then missed the airport train by minutes so had to wait almost half hour for the next.. Not experienced with this kind of thing! glad my guardian angels were lined up. There were some twentyish boys in the train station late that night whooping it up

No problem with pickpockets- course I did wear my sling-pack on front in the crowds and subway- it was just easier anyway, for pulling out the map or camera. I am so glad I took four pairs of shoes to switch off with, kept the feet in good shape!