Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: New to Clematis, need advice please., 0 by JeanneTX

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JeanneTX

In reply to: New to Clematis, need advice please.

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New to Clematis, need advice please.
JeanneTX wrote:
Becky & Gardenia..since you both live in Florida...where the sun is just as intense as my Part of Southern Texas...planting in part sun is best..Most of mine are in morning sun..afternoon shade...choosing a spot in your garden where the roots will STAY MOIST is a good caliber to use when deciding placement..OR where you know you'll not forget to water them...this is why you hear the misinformed rhetoric about "Roots in the Shade" and "Heads in the Sun".."Roots in the Shade" is a feeble way of saying that their roots must stay moist to survive...I even have some planted in pots under my Pergola that receive filter light until about 3 pm and then get full sun..and they are on a drip system and flourish just beautifully!!
Taj...never having bought clematis from Bluestone..can you tell me what size pots they came in? You will LOVE clematis "Ville de Lyon"..she is slower to get established than most the pruning group 3's but what a beauty...Jeanne