Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: LOOK WHAT MY GIRL FRIEND JUST GAVE ME TODAY!!!!!, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

Subject: LOOK WHAT MY GIRL FRIEND JUST GAVE ME TODAY!!!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of LOOK WHAT MY GIRL FRIEND JUST GAVE ME TODAY!!!!!
Gitagal wrote:
She called and said--"Would you like to have a Clivia?" I have two and i woulf love to give you one.

SO! She was in my area today--and said she would drop it off......She had kept it in her sun room all winter....OK!
I am expecting, maybe, a 6" pot of this plant---------------NOPE! She brought me the "big one!!!!!" Kept the smaller one......SO! In she walks--lugging this 40lb plant------in maybe a 30 year-old, 14" pot----I am just standing there with my jaw down to my knees! This thing is H-U-G-E!!!!!!!!!!!! I think she "unloaded" one on me......SO! Now I am "The Keeper"........She is too busy dating and socializing....

She told me it is 30 years old and has never been transplanted. She got it from her Mother. She has NEVER fed it--NEVER fertilized it--NEVER divided it----NOTHING!!!!!!!!

I have been scanning through the "Tropicals" Thread, and indeed, you should never mess with these in any way! NO dividing! Might kill it! Keep it dry--keep it in the shade outside--give it a total rest (NO water) from August to February....etc. Hey! My kind of a plant!!!!!

I am still in awe!!!!!! Gita