Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: slowly everything is dying Humidity? Fungus?, 0 by cottagestyle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cottagestyle

Subject: slowly everything is dying Humidity? Fungus?

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of slowly everything is dying Humidity? Fungus?
cottagestyle wrote:
I live around Houston, TX and last year I had two butterfly bush, rosemary, thyme die the exact same way. The leaves from the bottom up curl up then turn yellow, fall off and then the plants die. I bought 3 encore azeleas around the same time and all three started doing the same thing. They did not die, but they lost all their leaves. Another butterfly bush suffered also, but did not die. Last summer we had so much rain and humidity I assumed it was a fungus and sprayed. I had to spray a lot and keep the infected leaves all picked up just to keep the last butterfly bush from dying. Now my iris are looking horrible and I am wondering if anyone in my area is having the same problem. I know rosemary does not like rain and humidity, but this was a 5 year old plant, that has always done just fine. Also I have a lemon tree that is doing the same thing.