Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Michigan Gardening: I see grass!, 0 by Loon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Loon

In reply to: I see grass!

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I see grass!
Loon wrote:
Wouldn't you know it when the baby comes over to visit she heads right for the one pile of snow on the edge of the yard to sit and play in. :)

I put Milorganite down in my flower bed yesterday. Hopefully, it will deter the deer and rabbits from chewing on my tulips coming up. The daffs are up too and the grape hyacynths. I plan to spray some Liquid Fence around today and walk out and check on my newer fruit trees. I'm so glad we got all the apple trees pruned heavily and sprayed with dormant oil. This will be the year they don't produce as much. It seems to be an every other year thing. I sprayed the grapes too. Last year I even covered them with netting and some varmit still managed to get in there and eat almost all of them. Any suggestions from anybody? I'd love to have some grapes one of these years. ha ha ha At least the raspberries and blueberries are inside the 8 foot fencing so nobody will get them unless it's birds.

I'm going to pot up my phlox I got the other day in the mail. I wish I could just plunk them in the dirt. Anybody doing that or is it too cold to do that? They are a perennial right? I guess I'll just throw them in some coffee cups and stick them inside that cheapo greenhouse I bought at Walmart till next month. They're sprouting already so i have to do something with them. It will be nice to be outside. The sun is shining. I think we're supposed to get some rain in here. THe fields are not flooded as usual. I think because the snow melted slowly and refroze at night. Glad for that. Hope it stays that way. I don't want my pond overflowing and my fish swimming away into the ditch or worse having the pike swim in from the ditch and eating all my perch.

Have a great day everyone.

Brenda