Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: So, what have ya done so far...., 0 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: So, what have ya done so far....

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of So, what have ya done so far....
HollyAnnS wrote:
Just wait Ruby you will get your burst of energy. Maybe you are solar powered, all you need is enough sunlight to recharge your batteries. LOL
Gita, It must be very nice and very frustrating to have a garden that is so complete. I planted my first Peony last year, it was one of the plants that came from the neighbors. I hope it comes back up again this year. When do they start to emerge?
RCN, You have probably seen pictures of my wall before, this was taken last summer. Ric and I built this one around 25 years ago. The rocks we are collecting now will be used to add another wall right in front of the old one just a little lower. Where the old one is straight the new one will have a more curved line. Ric will be reworking the old wall, the winters of freezing and thawing have made it a little unstable and I need to remove some of the plants that will be covered with dirt from the new bed. Plus I would like to add a few new plants to the wall. There was something I saw down at the Dutch Plant Farm that I thought would maybe be nice to plant in my walls. I remember talking to you about it. I think I asked you if you thought it was a good price and then decided to wait and look for small plants instead of buying the bigger one. I'll have to look for my notes from that trip. I remember your telling me that it's a plant you have at the nursery but yours was a different variety. Do you remember?
Well I going to head out now I'm going to weed around the Hydrangeas and use up the last of the old mulch. I also have a 5 gal bucket of Red Bud seeds that I need to spread around in the woods behind my house. I should have done it last fall but they got pushed into the back of my potting shed and I only found them a few weeks ago.