Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: O.T who's into craft, 0 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: O.T who's into craft

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of O.T who's into craft
weed_woman wrote:
I've dabbled in a few things over the years, but currently am making a Pineneedle basket and knitting squares for a winter blanket.
I have an unfinished cross stitch (and a few finished ones) and have made flax baskets, bone carved jewellery, fairies made of sculpey and pipe cleaners, Dream catchers, Leatherwork, scrapbooking, I have sewed bali flags and I'll have a go at just about anything. Theres a lady called Gourdbeader in the basket making forum who makes lovely sculptures by pushing beads into wax that she has sculpted around a gourd. Fantastic! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/814912/
Its down a ways in the thread, but worth a look. I'd like to have a go at something similar to use up all the left over beads I've got lurking in the cupboard.
These are my small flax baskets, but I didn't make the bone carvings. The baskets are about 10cm in diameter and would fit a nice little jar of coins or hold a bar of soap or something. They are a bit time consuming too, but I hate to throw anything out, and I had to cut back the flax! LOL
Sue