Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Flowering today, 0 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Flowering today

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowering today
weed_woman wrote:
Hi all, nice to meet you.
Dutchlady, I think the blue ginger needs a bit of sun to flower, I have mine in late afternoon sun and its only been in for 3 seasons, so this is it's first flowering season and it has about 6 spikes. I love your Frangipani. I have a couple of varieties but don't know the cultivar names.
Thanks Pepper. I have seen your posts here and there, and I know you have lots of yummy stuff!
Debbie, I didn't know Paulonias were called empress trees! There are a few plantations around our district, as apparently they grow very fast and the timber is good for something. I saw one in a ladies garden and it was beautiful. Almost like a tree full of Wisteria. Good luck with yours. (I might have to get one too, now) Another very beautiful Frangipani
Braveheartsmom, thanks for the welcome. I hope more will join in and show me your lovely plants.

My Frangipanis will soon be finished. The leaves are beginning to rust and drop! The flowers are still blooming but becoming sparser. This one is right at nose height, and I stop and smell it on my way along the garden path. Yummmmm!