Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: My "Lab", 0 by jlp222

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jlp222

In reply to: My "Lab"

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My "Lab"
jlp222 wrote:
Thanks tabasco, but with that name, you should be down here in Louisiana!

The lamps I have are from Lowe's. I think I paid about $12.00 each for them. The bulbs are regular 60 watt bulbs which is the highest wattage the lamps can take.

If you can see, I have a thermomester hanging on the wall behind my lamps. It doesn't give me the soil temperature of course, but the area stays between 75 and 80 degrees, except for yesterday when it got up to almost 90. It will probably get low tonight since it is supposed to get down to about 33. Yuck. It was 80 yesterday during the day and 73 at midnight last night. You've got to love this Louisiana weather!

I also bottom heat most of my seeds at first with another set up I came up with (pictured below). I have a Rubbermaid container with 2 strands of Christmas lights inside. I put an aluminum cookie sheet over the top (leaving an opening for the air to circulate, I don't cover the entire top of the container). I put my seedlings on top of the cookie tray and Viola! It works like a charm!

This message was edited Feb 26, 2008 10:10 PM