Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Before and after II, 0 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Before and after II

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Before and after II
weed_woman wrote:
Hey, I tried keeping them and propagating, but just had so much success (all my fingers and thumbs and toes are green) that i've got so many plants I don't know what to do with them. No one comes to visit anymore, because they've all got too many now thanks to me also! I actually threw potted stuff out the other day aswell, as it needed going up another size, and larger pots are expensive, not to mention the soil. The plants were hard to sell as they were big, spikey succulents, and you have to have just the right spot! I've already got two dozen or so planted about the place, so I didn't need anymore and decided the nieghbours aren't getting anything for free because they're all ungrateful. Some stuff I take to Tafe, but it gets neglected there anyway, but I also give it to fellow students, although sometimes even that doesn't work. What's wrong with people?There was never anyone giving away plants as much as I do, when I wanted plants years ago!
When i chucked the stuff to the tip, I stacked all the stuff with roots to one side, in the hope that some gardener would see their value and take them home. I was there again this morning with a load of Agapanthus and still have a long way to go.
I have found that I am much more inclined to get stuck into my own garden, now that I'm not doing so many of others gardens. Also my back is feeling much better since I haven't been on my hands and knees, pulling weeds every day! I could get used to this!
Happy gardening tomorrow, although I believe you have a spot of rain again Chrissy?
I will probly jinx myself, but we have had a whole week without it, and its been beautiful. There are still spots I can't mow, and I think we have a spring in the hillside, as it is still weeping water. I should put a pond there! LOL
This is a pic of the other side of the philodendron, where the pineapple is, and I am working on this bit tomorrow.