Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: RAIN !!! RAIN !!! RAIN !!!, 0 by terry26

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright terry26

In reply to: RAIN !!! RAIN !!! RAIN !!!

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of RAIN !!!  RAIN !!! RAIN !!!
terry26 wrote:
Hi every one

Firstly Weed Woman no it is not a large farm but we love it. I was very very ill 2 years ago and it made me rethink my way of life. I decided rather than leave a farm to my two grand daughters I would leave a forest, so last year when I was first able to walk again I started. To Kerri we have town water on the farm but it would take abot 2 hours to fill a 1000 ltr tank so I cart from a standpipe 8ks away. I estimate the property will take about 2 million trees so there are lots of years planting ahead. One of my dreams is that other farmers in the area will follow suit and plant large areas as well as the whole area is affected by salt, that is why i chose the york gums as they are salt tollerant. Here is the other image I was going to put up this morning but found you could only put one :- the driver of the tractor is me, the guy in the tree planter is John my son in law and the two girls are the Grandies Cassie and Skye. Their mum my daughter is driving the truck and taking photos.