Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: RAIN !!! RAIN !!! RAIN !!!, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: RAIN !!! RAIN !!! RAIN !!!

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of RAIN !!!  RAIN !!! RAIN !!!
77sunset wrote:
Good morning ladies. I have visions of 2 bodies frolicking in birthday suits in the rain.
If the rain saw me doing that it would leave forever. All those wrinkles. ugh !
Sue is that gallipoli heath in your pic ? Is that the one they call obedient plant ? If so, I just pulled all mine out from where it was as it was taking over the whole area. I had to use a bit of Roundup on new bits coming from bits of root left behind. It is lovely but not in with other plants. It was growing where I do put some water and the other lot without much water just died off.
Love magnolias chrissy but again can't grow one here as there is nowhere out of the wind for it.
Yesterday was fine after the rain and today looks like getting warmer. I may have to do that rain dance regardless. Not at night though. it may frighten all the orbies. We have had a real spate of orb weavers around the place over the past month. they do like to string them selves across the archways and between trees and the house. I thought the rain may disturb them but they are still there every night. Hubby watches each one and tells me if it is the same one or a new one moving in. From our observations , it seems they may only live for a short time then the space is soon taken by another one.
Here's "Tartan" dahlia for you to look at.
Must get ready to go out, shopping day today, Have a great day , Jean.