Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Finally got the GH up and going - need advice for setup, 0 by JoshB

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JoshB

Subject: Finally got the GH up and going - need advice for setup

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Finally got the GH up and going - need advice for setup
JoshB wrote:
I've always wanted a gh for a variety of reasons including growing tropicals and starting seeds and cuttings. Finally have this used Jacobs GH measuring 16x8 up and going. I have water and power running to it and there are three roof vents. I really think that I need a forced ventalation system and my watering system needs to be tweeked. Right now I just have a timer hooked up to a RainDrip system with misters suspended above the bench. I think that the droplets are too small for regular watering - is that possible?

I've been thinking that I probably need something like the 12" or 16" ventalation system from Charlies GH with the fan and vents. Also probably need a humidity sensing device for the misters and use a seperate watering time with bigger droplets for day to day watering or maybe just go to hand watering?

Here are some pictures - I hope it is ok to imbed them into the post list this. I have a 300 gal pond sunk into the ground underneath the gh for my tropical water lilies and to grow water lettuce for the koi.