Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Critter's Gone Bananas, 0 by nutmegnana

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nutmegnana

In reply to: Critter's Gone Bananas

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Critter's Gone Bananas
nutmegnana wrote:
Thanks, Jill. This little stand I have sounds sort of like the same thing you are talking about it. I think it actually came here when we moved her out of her house in the first place. It is all I can fit in there. Ron thinks the window sill is deep enough to move some of her violets. There are about 3 times as many plants in her old room as what I can fit in the new one. I'll just bring them here and then take them up there if she kills off some of them. I know she waters just about every day because she can't remember if she did or not but it's so warm and dry in there that it doesn't seem to matter to the plants. The violets aren't blooming, probably because of no food. I found her violet food under the sink so I'll give them a drink while I'm up there tomorrow. It was pushed to the back so I'm sure she hasn't used it and probably doesn't even know where it is nor does she remember that she should feed them. At least she's happy watering them . . . .I really think maybe the staff doesn't want to be bothered with the extra mess but it's only a few plants and they are getting paid enough that I'm just going to put them in there anyway! I have some longer bases that will fit in the window sill and the plants can be in those so that they don't mess up the paint or anything . . .

Ooh. These are flowers from a market in Cuenca. The large white arrangements sell for $5 US.