Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: First time harvesting brugmansia's seeds., 0 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: First time harvesting brugmansia's seeds.

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of First time harvesting brugmansia's seeds.
wrote:
Kim you may have had a little indoor visitor (moth or spider) as far as I know it has to cross with something but I am no expert ...
I got 2 pods today! These were on the Suaveolens ...pollinated by the no name Grande Marnier look alike ...I was surprised by the quantity compared to the seeds in the no name :) no I didn't count them ...yet lol.
Lemons are self pollinating most brugs are not ...from what alistair told me only arborea and pure Suaveolens are self pollinating as far as I know. My suaveolens is pure as far as I know but in all the many years I grew it it never had pods until I was told to play birds and bees ...bingo pods! what is in them will be another matter ...I see a difference in the seeds twixt the no name apricot and the white they are lighter in colour. What I do know is that although the no name apricot is a longer pod the seed count is less though generous while the sturdy little fat pod of the Suaveolens are off the wall in the number of seeds ...don't fret kim it is just the beginning of an adventure (or should I say obsession :) plenty of time now you know how.