Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: DAILY PICS, VOL. #54, 0 by creekwalker

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright creekwalker

In reply to: DAILY PICS, VOL. #54

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DAILY PICS, VOL. #54
creekwalker wrote:
Wow you all! I am amazed with all the beautiful photography that is here. Absolutely beautiful, all of them! Tigerlilly, I wonder why your WBN's don't come to your feeder? The ones here are getting so used to me, I think one of these days I will be able to hand feed them. I have stood about 2 feet from the feeder and have had them come to it and eat. It is so neat seeing that.

While letting the chickens out and running the dogs this morning, I missed a nice flock of Canada geese flying overhead because I didn't take my camera with me. Darn! But I did finally ID the elusive birds that have been hanging out in my Cedars all winter. I thought they were Cedar Waxwings and I have never gotten a picture or even seen one of those, so I went back in and got my camera, determined to get a picture of one.

The way they fly and hide themselves, I had never seen them clearly enough. There are a lot of them too, maybe 3 dozen or more, living in those trees. Here is what I found.