Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: The FLOWERPOT Cafe' V - Join us for a cup of Flowers!, 0 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: The FLOWERPOT Cafe' V - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The FLOWERPOT Cafe' V - Join us for a cup of Flowers!
weed_woman wrote:
purple basil, with flower, for mistygardener (MG) I was given a seedling in late November and this is it now.
Hi TC. Its taken 5 months for the Artichoke to flower, and this is probly not the best climate for them. Its too humid here in summer. You should do quite well with it I think. I planted mine in early spring, but a friend of mine planted some in late spring and hers did much better than mine in the leaf. I must pop around and see her tomorrow to see if she has flowers. I will get a pic if she allows and pop one in the cafe tomorrow night if able. (No promises)
I like cut flowers and quite regularly bring the garden indoors. Everything is a bit soggy though right now, so when it dries out a bit i might have a go at an arrangement. I like to use xanadu leaves, Cycad leaves, bird-of-paradise (strelitzia) flowers and red hot pokers (kniphofia) to name a few. I also have Centaurea, which is a bit like Senecio cineraria "Silver Dust", but has a purple flower (not very often) and lasts a long time in a vase.
I read the last flower pot cafe last week and it has taken me all this time to catch up and join in, but yesterday, while shopping in a place called "Bizzare, bizzare" I saw heaps of interesting things that could be used for a floral arrangement. I will have to nab something bizzare next time I'm there.
Sue