Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Zinnia profusion or a colorful border flower under 18", 0 by pennefeather

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pennefeather

In reply to: Zinnia profusion or a colorful border flower under 18"

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Zinnia profusion or a colorful border flower under 18"
pennefeather wrote:
Suzy,

Thanks for your insights. I will admit that I was relucant to plant alot of a plant that I have never seen in person. I'm especially happy that you shared this with me because I really like bright colors, and it sounds like I would be disappointed. I am surprised to hear that Dale is growing snaps in Florida - I know that they like cool weather. I was actually planning to put some in this same area this past fall, but I decided to wait a year. This is a new lasagna garden, and I have learned that there is less chance of the grass surviving if I don't insert new plants immediately.

I actually found a beautiful ripple geranium at Stokes last night that I am considering. I'm not sure how a large area would look with them, but they are so pretty that I have to add some into my garden. Here is a shot of the raspberry ones. Maybe I'll mix it with something else to make it more interesting. It is hard to me to consider just one type of flower or color. The other advantage is that if one of the flowers poops out during the season, I wont be left with nothing or some strange muted color if it fades.