Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Rawlings Conservatory Holiday Display, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Rawlings Conservatory Holiday Display

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Rawlings Conservatory Holiday Display
Gitagal wrote:
wind,

The Conservatory is in Druid Hill Park--pretty much next door to the Baltimore Zoo.
It is right off of I-83 which comes into Baltimore from the North through PA and ends in the City.
The exit you want off of I-83 is "Druid Park Lake Drive." At the 3rd traffic light (Swan Drive) turn right and you are looking at the Palm House. Can't miss an all-glass, 5 story building! Parking is yukky right now as they are working on the street right in front. It is the first step to a planned renovation of all the area and all the gardens, etc. that the Conservatory sits on. It is one of 3 actively still functioning Conservatories in the Country. Always worth a trip--especially during one of the 3 Mega-Shows they do every year.

Druid Hill Park is easy to spot on a map, as there is a good sized lake that shows up on any maps. You could Google The Baltimore Zoo and it should show the area. Or--Google: Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory and Botanical Gardens of Baltimore.

I am heading to Bloomfield, NJ for Christmas. Do it every year to be with family.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Gita
Here's a Christmas Tree I made from a huge pine cone. It is about 12" tall.