Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Seed Swap Plant List, 0 by beckygardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright beckygardener

In reply to: Seed Swap Plant List

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Seed Swap Plant List
beckygardener wrote:
LOL! I suggested "Butterfly" to my family and everyone said, "Noooooooooooooo!" So insect names are out! LOL! I know that this is a very common name ... but I like "Lady Jane". She looks like the kind of dog that would be in a Jane Austin novel! LOL! Our cat is Miss Penny. So she could be Lady Jane. She IS kinda prissy! LOL! Very attached to people. She came in as a stray a month ago at the HS. I can't believe that no one came looking for her. She loves people and was someone's beloved pet. Well behaved, so sweet and loveable. So sad. We were thinking that maybe her last owners were elderly. Well, she certainly got a good home with us!!! She's already spoiled. She does several things like Bailey used to do. Made me cry. My dh was mad at me for several hours when I brought her home, but now she is HIS dog! LOL! He was mad I didn't bring him and the family to check her out first, but I was afraid someone would snatch her up before they could get there. Anyway ... all is forgiven and everyone in the family is just in love with her! :-)

I'm going out today (perfect weather) to try to sow some seeds. I've got lots of space in my long bogless bed after weeding and pulling up dead plants from summer/fall blooms. I will just use some of the seeds from each pack instead of all of them. That way, if by chance we get a freeze here (unlikely), I will still have some seeds left for Spring planting. I am looking at all the seed packs from this swap and am drooling! I didn't keep any of the most coveted seed packs, let y'all have them, but what I did keep looks like some great host and nectar plants! Can't wait to see how they do here. :-) :-)

This message was edited Dec 2, 2007 9:07 AM