Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: Getting Ready for the Holidays. , 0 by DonnieBrook

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnieBrook

In reply to: Getting Ready for the Holidays.

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Getting Ready for the Holidays.
DonnieBrook wrote:
Hokey is okey-dokey, Emily.....after all, it's the holidays and lots of sentimental favorites can border on tacky and still be fun this time of year. When my DH and I first got married, he was a colored lights on the tree guy (nostalgic) and I liked the simple white lights. My son sided with my DH and so I made a deal with them....colored tree lights that year because I was outnumbered, and white lights every other year to be fair. Well, it's now 19 years later and we've always had colored lights. I just go with the tradition now.

We'll be at my son's for Christmas, so we went on and decorated here so we'll have time to enjoy it before we come north. My favorite thing is decorating the tree with all the sentimental, special ornaments - many of which were gifts from students and law clerks over the years, as well as those cool ornaments made by our kids when they were little. Here's a shot of our tree, etc. You will notice that my wreath above our fireplace looks bizarre....I have to take it down and rework the lights. The greens over the fireplace look prettier in person. They didn't photograph well.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's decorations.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2007 11:18 AM