Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: No more Tradescantia, 0 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: No more Tradescantia

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of No more Tradescantia
weed_woman wrote:
Hi Debi, I don't know if your vine is a weed or not. It depends on wether it seeds and spreads, or strangles things e.t.c. Sometimes weedy things are o.k if you like them and can be bothered to keep them under control. The wandering Jew is quite a nice plant, just that alot of dogs and some people are allergic to it. The common green one is a pain as it keeps coming back after you pull it out, but the other types don't seem to be as bad. I have no trouble pulling them out. Would you like some Rhoeo Debi? I can send you some bits if you like. I have LOTS! And it is daylight robbery selling them for so much at Bunnings KK. I have trouble selling them for $2 in a pot, and it's not worth it after the potting mix/pot/label/labour costs! And now I can't even give it away! I like having stuff in pots, but must confess, I am not very good at watering them. Garden? no worries!
P.s Little pot in picture is also on the allergy list for dogs. It looks a little like Tradescantia, but I think it is Callisia reptans. Not sure, but if anyone would like some?
I should make a trades list eh?
Goodnite all!
Sue