Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Question for Upstate New Yorkers, 0 by mrsj

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mrsj

In reply to: Question for Upstate New Yorkers

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Question for Upstate New Yorkers
mrsj wrote:
Thank you everyone! I am going to tell him what has been recommended by local gardeners with experience --- he'll fret over the winter I'm sure as it goes against everything he and Mom have done for over 50 years, but I am sure I can teach the old dog a few new tricks!

Mittsy - any dividing will be done by me, he can't get down on the ground...he's 82 and his legs and knees won't allow that......if he can do it standing up and moving very slowly he's good, otherwise..... I do have to divide a lot of other things this coming spring...the japanese iris are packed and overflowing, daylilies not so bad but I want to move things closer to the front of the house where he can enjoy them....he can't get up and down the hill into the back yard any longer and that is where the majority of plants and flowers reside!

Polly - I was born and raised in B'Ville - my parents have lived there for 55 years! I've been in Phoenix for 30 years and keep trying to figure out how to get back!!!!!

audrey

here's a pic of Mom's peony bed taken this past spring......