Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Michigan Gardening: welcome to another Michiganer...Fulltimefred..., 0 by notmartha

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright notmartha

In reply to: welcome to another Michiganer...Fulltimefred...

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of welcome to another Michiganer...Fulltimefred...
notmartha wrote:
Hey Julie
Im a mom of 5 boys and have 2 left here at home ages 14 (almost)and 11(almost)and
2 beautiful grandbabies-a boy and a girl!!!!
I have been gardening here on the families centennial farm now for about 15yrs. I started with a circle garden in the middle of the circle driveway, then headed out around the pool, then up to the garage and then I went crazy and made a HUGE garden around a pear tree.
It has sidewalks and fountains and benches and FLOWERS of all kinds. I added a iris bed off to the side(took over the veggie garden) Then another co-op and another Iris bed.
A few years ago i got into daylilies pretty heavy and now i have 3 beds of those and daylily seedlings everywhere. The past couple years I started some hosta and now am over 200 of those mixed with coral bells and foam flowers and other shade plants. I have over a acre of flowers to tend to now!
I hybridize daylilies and try to invent a new unseen bloom

I bought a 69 camaro last yr and got it on the road this summer-i have been having a riot in it. Going to car cruises and just zooming around!

I have been a member here at daves since it first started so i have watched each of you join us and the site GROW n GROW!
I have had 5 spring plant trades here at the house-great people and great fun!
I luv to have fun and make people laugh!
Over the yrs i have posted several garden photos, but here is one of my favorites
If you have any Questions just ask-if i cant answer them-someone else will!
great group of michiganders here!!!

rainy day here with the grandbabies and my 2nd oldest just left for him home in Vegas so its a totally gloomy day here for me!
dori