Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: My Weekend Project, 0 by ladygardener1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ladygardener1

In reply to: My Weekend Project

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My Weekend Project
ladygardener1 wrote:
Most water /bog plants I find aggressive. I started out with a small pot of rush I would lift it out every year and cut part of it away. When I got sick I missed 2 springs thinning it out and by this summer it was too heavy for me to do anything with, My husband managed to roll it up out of the watergarden. He had to chop it into 4 sections to carry it to the compost pile. I still have a few small stems that are growing out of a lily pot, which I'll have to thin out the lily next spring .

Here is a picture of the monster. I wanted to open up the view as I am starting a flower garden near the fence. The rush provided some privacy before the fence when up. My favorite spot to sit in the summer is by the watergarden.

I redid the water garden about 5 years ago when my hubby was away for 2 days, that was pond liner, small water fall , catching and releasing fish and tadpoles. LOL