Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Brugs, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Brugs

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Brugs
Gitagal wrote:
rcn48,

Did the above clarify it for you? Thanks Happy and Wrightie.

At some point in time, the single stem growing upward simply splits in two stems and from that point on, each stem will split again and again.

You know how you can make the "victory sign" with your fingers? It makes it look like a "V". Well, in Brug land, that is called a "Y". As soon as the stem "Y"'s--start looking for bloom buds.

Cuttings taken from anywhere above the first "Y" split, will grow shorter/bushier and bloom sooner as they do not have to spend the time to "Y" --they already have!

Stem/trunk cuttings--or a cut off, robust sucker from the base will grow well also, but they will have to achieve enough upward growth before they will "Y" and only then they will bloom. Because of that, they will also be taller. SO! It IS your choice!

Please Google Brugmansia and I am sure it will lead you to many nice and informative "Groups" on this plant.
ALSO---Go to the Brug Forum and read the "sticky" posts at the top. Anything you need to know will be explained there--I am sure.

I looked through all my pictures trying to find one where the "Y" would be really visible, but there was none. I know I had some. I wonder WHERE they got saved?????

Information IS out there! Just go get it!!!!

Gita

I can't resist posting another picture. This one is a close-up of Bruggie's "ForeverMorr". This was a cross of the "Rosamond" and "Butterfly". Nice long tendrils!