Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: What is this pretty interloper ??, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

Subject: What is this pretty interloper ??

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What is this pretty interloper ??
77sunset wrote:
I have 2 of these that came from somewhere. I cannot remember planting them ( no comments please , I am not forgetful about plants )
I do not know what they are but they are very pretty. I'm wondering if there may have been seeds in a pot plant I have planted out . The plants have been growing in 2 separate places about 4 metres apart . They have been there since last Autumn and did nothing much until we had quite a bit of rain a few months ago. They have grown to about 3' high and grow very much like a foxglove. The flowers are as you see, pretty yellow with a darker centre. If they self seed later it will be great as they seem to not be bothered by anything.
I also have some lovely wallflowers in a burgundy and a brown/yellow that came up from a lot of old hay bales I was given. It was a nice surprise to see them as there were dozens of them. On asking about where the hay came from, I was told it had been sitting in an old shed for over 20 yrs , so where the hay originally came from ia a mystrey, but I have some nice plants from it. Beats the usual weeds one gets from hay.
Happy gardening.