Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Volunteer Pansys. Question and photos (New Zealand), 0 by LenaBeanNZ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LenaBeanNZ

Subject: Volunteer Pansys. Question and photos (New Zealand)

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Volunteer Pansys. Question and photos (New Zealand)
LenaBeanNZ wrote:
Hi everyone, Im a new subscriber to Daves Garden.
I have been growing pansys and violas since I started my current garden 3 years ago. All of the plants I have growing today, popped up on their own, or grew from seed I collected. They are showing a lovely new blend of colours and combinations. Sometimes I transplant them to more sutable locations for their own safety. They are just so lovey growing around my vege gaden, and I love seeing what the flowers of the new little plants will look like.
The original "parent" plants were mainly Thai Silk and Blue Beacon, plus some others that werent named. So what strain/ cultivar would that make these pansys? Do all pansys cross breed that easily? My favourite plants to grow are heirloom tomatoes, which grow true to seed. Watching these new phenotypes be created is proving rather fun. And they are so very cute.
Any advice on pansy growing/ propagating wound be much appreciated :)