Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: Hello Everyone!...Has anyone seen these growing in Zone 5?, 0 by WatchMGrow

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WatchMGrow

Subject: Hello Everyone!...Has anyone seen these growing in Zone 5?

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hello Everyone!...Has anyone seen these growing in Zone 5?
WatchMGrow wrote:
Hello all!

I´m new here, also fairly new to Gardening, although I have been around Gardening & plants all my life due to my Mother. Unexpectedly Mom passed away last November, as I was telling Candyce a bit earlier when I responded to her lovely welcome email. Needless to say I felt I needed to keep the Gardens growing...as best I could anyway lol....it was a Dry August, things got a little tricky for a newbie like myself.

Until now I´ve only had a chance to read a few Threads, you all seem really nice!!...... I was rolling at Kassia´s Thread about the Ground hog !! I am sorry he was such a pest, but it made really fun reading!

Anyhoo, while I´m writing here I´d like to share a pic of an unusual Perrenial, unusual for this area anyway....It is Prickly Pear Cactus, this grows right in my Yard, I have a nice patch at the very beginning of my Driveway, where the pic was taken, and also a now small patch in my backyard.

In the Winter the Cactus kind of shrivels up & stays this way until Spring when it perks up again and then Flowers in usually late June. It does multiply & has been here for quite some time, close to 20 years if memory serves me....then I am getting old, so who knows lol....just kidding!!

Thanks for checking out my Thread!

Kecia a/k/a WatchMGrow