Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: The FLOWERPOT Cafe' , 0 by pupilpropogtr

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pupilpropogtr

In reply to: The FLOWERPOT Cafe'

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The   FLOWERPOT  Cafe'
pupilpropogtr wrote:
Humbly she accepts the compliments and inside lets go of her breath. Thank you so much. You could not imagine how long this took me. I am not even going to tell. Let's just say it is sitting in the same spot, where nary a breeze can touch it or it will all flop forward. How do you keep it in place in a rose bud vase?

I had another of the roses, but I liked the fact I could walk out my front door and cut one of mine. I actually read an older thread where ya'll talked about how to cut roses from the bush. Thank goodness, because of all the abuse and time it took, I don't think it would have made it much longer.

Here's a kicker. I think If I had more roses, this might have worked. But with only 3 roses, all cut to the wrong size, and store filler, didn't think about my back yard till later, it looked so disproportionate and downright silly. It is a shade to a light with reverse painting. I usually just put a candle under it. You should have seen me try to use this with only a glass of water under it. My DH was laughing at my frustration. He is no longer laughing. HAHA! I scraped it and started over.

Don' mind the mess. This is our basement Tiki bar. I have pretty much taken over it for gardening.

Please tell me if something could have been altered. Should I have used the other rose instead of the bud. Any feedback will not be construded as malious. This is my very first arrangement and I would love some pointers.

Thanks,
Traci