Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: DC Green Festival, October 6th and 7th, 0 by wrightie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wrightie

Subject: DC Green Festival, October 6th and 7th

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DC Green Festival, October 6th and 7th
wrightie wrote:
Hi, I just posted details about this on the Sustainables Forum, but will copy it here as well for all of you "locals"

****************************************************************************************************************************

I just received my copy of the Washington Gardener magazine. On the back cover is an advertisement for a "Green Festival" in Washington, DC on October 6th and 7th, 2007. The description includes "Sustainable Economy, Ecological Balance, and Social Justice." Future dates include festivals in San Francisco, Seattle, and Chicago.

"Welcome to Green Festivals 2007-2008

At the Green Festivals, we're celebrating what's working in our communities, for people, for businesses and for the environment. Here, green means safe, healthy communities and strong, local economies. Green is the color of hope, of social and economic justice, of ecological balance.

Join us for these huge parties with a purpose. You'll enjoy more than 200 visionary speakers and 400 green businesses in each city, great how-to workshops, green films, yoga and movement classes, green careers sessions, organic beer and wine, delicious organic cuisine and live music."

You can read more here: http://greenfestivals.org/