Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Show us your Summer Containers!, 0 by BettyFB

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BettyFB

In reply to: Show us your Summer Containers!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Show us your Summer Containers!
BettyFB wrote:
Marilyn ,

Thanks. You have a green thumb with pots and especially potted zinnas. I forwarded that Hyperlink of your potted Zowies to Tabasco(Judy), who lives in Cincinnati, and she too loves Zowies and planted them in her garden this year. So if she has not already seen those pictures--I know that she will enjoy them as much as I have. I love them in my garden, but I am thinking I like them even more being displayed in pots. I would very much like to display them in my front yard, but I had 3 of my pots stolen off my driveway last Spring and it was so horrible. This year I only have 3 pots being displayed and I made sure that I put them in huge heavy pots that no one could move easily. I put bricks in the bottom of the pots and bought one concrete pot that I cannot even move. Here is a picture of one of the pots I made. I used Tapla's formula, which is one of the threads under Container Gardening which you have probably followed. His formula uses mainly Pine Bark Fines and this pot I made in July and it is one of my few pots that shows no sign of decline. The pine bark fines allows oxygen to get into the roots but you have to water it a little more often. I am going to use his formula next year on all of my potted plants.

Betty