Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Black Widow? What's the best way to control?..., 0 by Lenka_

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lenka_

Subject: Black Widow? What's the best way to control?...

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Black Widow? What's the best way to control?...
Lenka_ wrote:
I have done my " homework" to identify this spider and I am pretty sure it's black widow. There were two found in a garage of a suburban home, only 2 years old construction which used to be an open field. Having pets and a preschooler visit garage frequently had to take measures to eliminate the spiders. Otherwise I would have left them alone - if found in area where they can bring no harm to anyone.
Well, regular insect /spider control spray does not work. How should I say that - it did, but it took a week for the spiders to die. And the female on the photo was still alive today, that's about 7 days after spraying. Is there anything more effective than just hardware store spider spray? Has anyone faced this problem before and what was used to control them? I can't do organic or " move them someplace else" control as I mentioned earlier having kids and pets I am playing with fire if I keep those black widows in my garage.

Thank you for any assistace!
Lena.

This message was edited Sep 1, 2007 5:07 PM