Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Is there a recipe site on DG, Australia?, 0 by bedouin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bedouin

In reply to: Is there a recipe site on DG, Australia?

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Is there a recipe site on DG, Australia?
bedouin wrote:
Chrissy, I'm so glad you posted this one. I have pureed, dried apricots sitting in the frige and was wondering what to do with them. Actually, they take up too much room so I decided I Have to use them pronto! I have all the ingredients on hand too! I'll make it this coming week!

I love Kumquats - I'm trying to find someone who will do an exchange with me for a Kumquat tree. I have some huge Artabotrys Hexapetalus (Ylang Ylang vine/shrubs) plants in pots and with the hurricanes I'm just so tired of lugging all these hefty pots to and fro re safety, when the forecast is for hurricanes! These plants are so rare I just cant get myself to just give them away! Hence the hope that someone will want one badly enough to complete a swop with me! I've just bought a tangerine tree and some time ago I bought a '3 in 1' citrus tree consisting of Meyers Lemon, Navel Orange and Tangelo. I have 5 lemons so far, but that's it! Maybe the others are seasonal, but this is the season so.......
Anyway, soon I'll pick my own citrus. Wish I could find an Ugli fruit tree. Seems they are few and far between in the nurseries.
Can you get Cranberries easily in A? I have some delicious recipes for them. They are autumn fruit, but stocked year round in the supermarket freezers here. Let me know, ok.

BLACK FOREST PRESERVE 1.5 liters (2 1/2 pints)
1.2 kg (2 1/2 lb) black cherries, stoned
juice of 2 lemons
1.3 kg (3 lb) sugar with Pectin
8 Tablespoons Kirsch.
Place prepared cherries in a pan with lemon juice and sugar. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Then boil hard for about 5 minutes till setting point is reached. Add the Kirsch and pot up immediately.

Peach jam I made recently! No liquor in them, alas.