Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Cannas: Problem Canna, 0 by darkempress2003

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright darkempress2003

Subject: Problem Canna

Forum: Cannas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Problem Canna
darkempress2003 wrote:
I've had this white canna (don't know the name) for almost a year and a half. About 2 months ago it bloomed like crazy, now it's stopped blooming and the leaves are getting brown, crinkly and crunchy.
It sits in a Southern-ish facing window and gets plenty of bright and direct light.

Now, I Think it's because of the Bayer rose and shrub stuff I used. It acted as a bug killer and fertilizer, and my main thing was to kill spider mites (because it was becoming a right infestation) ((at the time I did not know water, water +soap etc. could kill the mites)) and I used the Bayer product about a month ago and now my leaves are turning funny. I have since returned the Bayer stuff (because it stank to high heaven and it certainly didnt take care of any spider mites) and now whenever I water this canna I soak it so that plenty of water drains out. The water is usually a very poopy color brown.

So, as long as this got, any opinions to the matter would be lovely. I'm hoping that after I douce the plant with plenty of treatments the 'toxins' will leach from the soil so the plant will recover. Whaddaya think?