Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Yes, I'd like your 2 ¢, 0 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Yes, I'd like your 2 ¢

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yes, I'd like your 2 ¢
HollyAnnS wrote:
You have some very good suggestions there. If you tie a piece of fishing line from one post to the other, across the top. You can attach down lines in any direction you want. You could gather them together at the bottom in one or more groups to stakes to make large or small fan shapes. (great idea critter) or any other design you want. You could also use the down lines to help support whatever type trellis you want to add. There is a beautiful thread on combining Roses and Clematis together. I just realized that this is one of Shirley's threads.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/673866/
This year I bought America Climbing Rose. It has a beautiful coral color that has been blooming all summer for me and is Disease resistant. Would give a big bust of color planted with purple clematis against that bright white fence. I also think you need something with a little height there at that point in the water garden but not what you have growing right now. I like the idea of a Papyrus plants or Dwarf Papyrus or Dwarf Cattails. How did the water willow I sent do? Did you like that? It should also give you some height in the water garden. Love that Azalea Golden Lights. Here's a picture of my America Rose.