Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Show us your Summer Containers!, 0 by UniQueTreasures

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright UniQueTreasures

In reply to: Show us your Summer Containers!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Show us your Summer Containers!
UniQueTreasures wrote:
At 7:30 it was 100 degrees here this evening. We got to watch it cool down to 99 while sitting at a light!

They do require a lot of water in this humid heat. By 3 o'clock, some of them are really starting to droop. But then, so am I! I have to water in the mornings and at night too. The sun is moving now so it will be time to move some of them to different locations. I'm so glad that I planted them in pots, rather than the ground. Although, I must say that those in the ground rarely ever droop! And that is in the front yard where it's usually 20 degrees hotter.

This area in the photo used to have a tree there 2 years ago. a REALLY BIG tree. The roots remaining in the ground make it impossible to plant anything so I put some containers in this spot. So far I'm loving it. I did move the 2 smaller pots of caladiums to the back yard this morning though. They'd lost all of their color. The bigger pots of them have done fine in the same spot.

Janet