Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Building our Harbor Freight 10' by 12' Greenhouse, 0 by oldmudhouse

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright oldmudhouse

Subject: Building our Harbor Freight 10' by 12' Greenhouse

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Building our Harbor Freight 10' by 12' Greenhouse
oldmudhouse wrote:
Well, we’ve finally started building our Harbor Freight 10’ by 12’ greenhouse. The frame is up! So far we’re happy with the quality of the parts, but the manual (as many have posted) is awful. A really patient spouse is very helpful, and so is a sense of humor (which I lost around page 5.)

I’ve done lots of reading about this greenhouse, especially in the Garden Web greenhouse forum, and we’re making modifications to increase the strength. I’m using the Garden Diary feature to document confusing steps in the assembly, and to show our modifications as we go. I’m hoping some of the photos will be helpful to other folks here at Dave's who are building the Harbor Freight 10x12.

Click here to see my work-in-progress diary about our greenhouse:
http://davesgarden.com/journal/d/m/oldmudhouse/

Our greenhouse is sheltered on the north by our house. It will get full south and east sun, sheltered a bit on the west end by bushes. We’re planning to place all four roof vent windows on the south side. We’ve added some additional bracing since this photo, but it basically still looks like this: