Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: double dwarf Mahoii has bananas, 0 by kathy_ann

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kathy_ann

Subject: double dwarf Mahoii has bananas

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of double dwarf Mahoii   has  bananas
kathy_ann wrote:
This is a picture of the bananas onmy dwarf mahoii plant. The plant is in a huge pot and is leaning over because of this protruding limb of bananas. I fear the worst when they are fully mature. How can I or should I prop up this what's this called with the banana babies on it? and My gosh there are so many of them, will they all produce? seems every day there are more banana babies forming under all those petals of that flower.

How long of a growth period will this take to have fully mature bananas on it?

I've noticed the mother plant has no new leaves and no growth and almost no pups forming when usually it grows plenty and has an abundance of pups. I'm sure this is normal since it's sending all it's nutrients to the baby bananas. I'm thrilled though, this is a first for me.

oh BTW it is propped up against a tree in the yard, as you can see, so some of the heavieness will be supported. but it's not in the full sun. Gets plenty of water though, should I fertilize it?