Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: August Daily Weather, 0 by Kelli

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kelli

In reply to: August Daily Weather

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August Daily Weather
Kelli wrote:
Rann, you have a beautiful garden. Most of mine looks kind of tired this time of year.

Kiska, I'll eat rose hips off the plant when I find them. I wait until they start to shrivel just a little. They taste like a cross between an apple and a rose. It will be months before they're ready here. They must not be all the popular with wildlife or I would never find any.

It looks like it might not get super hot today, but it's August, so I wouldn't bet any money on it.

Updated: 10:51 AM PDT on August 07, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
70 °F / 21 °C
Clear
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 56 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the SE

We went to a baseball game last night - Angels vs Red Sox. The Angels won! Yay!!!!! It was a sell-out crowd of over 44,000 people. I'd say 1/4 to 1/3 of those in attendance were Red Sox fans and I didn't hear anyone with a Bostonian accent. Even out here, it's cool to be a Red Sox or Yankees fan. The Angels just aren't cool, but neither am I. ;-) My camera is not good for taking detailed distance pictures and the zoom is poor, but here's a picture for you. (Even though the pictures are not great, I might post some in another forum, if I can find an appropriate one. Oddly enough, there is no forum for sports.) Anyway, that is Curt Schilling pitching.