Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: latifolias, new hoyas, addictive personalities........., 0 by bmedel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bmedel

In reply to: latifolias, new hoyas, addictive personalities.........

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of latifolias, new hoyas, addictive personalities.........
bmedel wrote:
This has been a great thread! The pictures are just awesome! The variety of hoya you all have is just outstanding. I've taken plenty of pictures of mine since I started in with them this past winter. Nothing too fancy but I just love the look and texture of the shiny leaves! The bonus is that they can also flower!

I'd never even heard of a hoya before my aunt gave me one this past November. It was a plant that my aunt had started from a cutting of the plant she inherited from my grandmother when grandma passed on. Grandma's been gone 20 years now and I know I saw the original plant hanging in her home for at least 20 years! I think heirloom plants are just awesome and I was so happy to get this one.

From what I've seen and read on here this is just your basic carnosa. I'm pretty sure it would have bloomed for the first time this spring if I had not trimmed all those annoying leafless vines that were twining all over from it!!! Sure wish I would have found DG before that dumb move. :)))))

~Brenda

This message was edited Jul 28, 2007 6:00 PM