Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Hey, Brent???, 0 by kqcrna

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kqcrna

In reply to: Hey, Brent???

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hey, Brent???
kqcrna wrote:
Nice, big, bed, and it looks like your property is large enough to keep making new ones. (Something I definitely have to stop doing). What kind of butterfly flowers? Was this picture just taken 1 1/2 weeks ago? I'm sure it's going to be beautiful, but it still looks kind of empty. So you don't fill you garden with store-bought flowers first? I was wondering.

With early transplant, my beds do look pretty empty in early June but usually look pretty full pretty fast. A lot depends on what you plant, I guess. Annuals fill out so fast. I guess I just don't have your energy to transplant twice. And my biggest problem with early transplant this year was all these miserable rodents digging them up at night. We've never had all these monsters before- chipmunks, field mice, voles, and who knows what else. My husband blames me and all my newfound wacko organic methods, and I think the neighbors do, too. I wonder if he's right, though I don't readily admit it to anyone.

Here's a shot of one of my beds on June 7, looks pretty empty still.