Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: They are at it again!!..Round 2, 0 by Shirley1md

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Shirley1md

In reply to: They are at it again!!..Round 2

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of They are at it again!!..Round 2
Shirley1md wrote:
Jeanne:

Your Clematis and Rose gardens are at their peak of perfection! I need to add "Mme. Julia Correvon" to my front yard, because it would tie in beautifully with my front door, which is burgundy color! My "Tie Dye" is still a 'no show', but I keep watering the soil regardless. "Mme. Edouard Andre" is a lovely addition and one that is not readily available. "Kermesina" is another vigorous and glorious Clematis. It makes a splendid union with Rose, "Mme. Alfred Carriere". Well done!! "Galore" is a new Clematis and I really enjoy it's purple blossoms. How is "Fairy Dust" performing for you? Do you have to give it more shade because of its delicate coloring? Your gardens are an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Arlene: I just cut back "Henryi", which is a Group 2 Clematis. It should be cut back by 1/3. I cut mine back in half because I've had it in my garden for at least 10 years and it's huge. When you cut yours back, don't forget to fertilize it with either Rose or Tomato food. It will then reward you with a second flush of blooms.

Here is my "Henryi".