Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Container Plantings, 0 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Container Plantings

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Container Plantings
rcn48 wrote:
Thanks everyone - Happy, I'll be happier with the results when I finally get the painting done to complete my "vision" from my winter brainstorming :) Three or four years ago we had a few nice containers in this area and they got scorched from too much sun - hence my quest for a pergola. Now that the trees have grown that much more, I'm finding the containers to the left of the door actually aren't getting enough sun - go figure!

Brent - did you take a look at the pictures in the thread in Container Gardening? (link above) - if you need them closer I'll be taking more soon and I'll post them for you.

I tried to get a shot of my favorite container yesterday morning but it's an odd angle since it's on the top step and I set it on a table to give a little more height for better viewing from the driveway - now I'll need a ladder to get a good shot!

Picked up this Cordyline back in April at one of the Markets at Green Spring - then searched for the "right" companions - THEN had to find a pot large enough to accommodate all of them! I'm pretty sure the Coleus is 'Freckles' - needs to be pinched soon! I wanted an icy blue plant to spill over the edges, picked up this Senecio - love the blue, but it's not spilling :(